2086 Allen Building | 979-845-3082 | firstname.lastname@example.org | VITA
- American politics and methodology
Dr. Paul M. Kellstedt’s fields of expertise are American politics and methodology. Prior to joining the Texas A&M University faculty, Dr. Kellstedt taught at Brown University and the University of Minnesota. He was a Harvard University Fellow in the Joan Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics, and Public Policy in the Kennedy School of Government in 1999, and an Academic Visitor at Nuffield College, University of Oxford, in 2008.
Dr. Kellstedt’s research publications include The Mass Media and the Dynamics of American Racial Attitudes (Cambridge University Press), which won a 2004 Goldsmith Book Prize, given by the Shorenstein Center at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government to the book “that best fulfills the objective of improving government through an examination of the intersection between press, politics, and public policy.” He has authored and co-authored articles in American Journal of Political Science, Political Analysis, and other journals as well as several book chapters. He is also co-author, with Guy D. Whitten, of The Fundamentals of Political Science Research (Cambridge University Press), a leading textbook for undergraduate research methods courses.
His current research projects include work on economic evaluations in the mass public and an examination of the nature of policy mood. Dr. Kellstedt has teaching interests in public opinion, voting behavior, campaigns and elections, research design, econometrics, and time-series analysis.
- POLS 209: Introduction to Political Science Research
- POLS 313: Public Opinion
- POLS 601: Components of Political Inquiry
- POLS 602: Quantitative Political Analysis
- POLS 603: Quantitative Political Analysis II
- POLS 671: American Political Behavior
- POLS 675:Seminar in American Political Processes and Behavior
- POLS 685: Directed Studies
- The Mass Media and the Dynamics of American Racial Attitudes (Cambridge University Press)
- The Fundamentals of Political Science Research (Cambridge University Press)