May 26 – June 26, 2017
Faculty-led Summer Study Abroad Program focusing on EU and European political, economic and security affairs with programs in Passau (Germany), Warsaw (Poland), Brussels (Belgium), and Paris (France).
• Summer European Academy XVI – TAMU Faculty-led Summer Study Abroad Program focusing on EU and European political, economic and security affairs with programs in Passau, Germany (The University of Passau), Warsaw (Poland), Brussels (Belgium), and Paris (France).
• A program in collaboration with the University of Passau and the Centre International de Formation Europeéne (CIFE), one of the 5 Jean Monnet Centers of Higher Learning within the EU (created in 1954) offering advanced university degrees in the field of the study of European Union political affairs and chartered by the European Union (www.cife.edu)
• 2017 Dates: May 26–June 26, 2017 (SSI 2017)
• An intense cross-cultural program studying political, legal, economic, historical and cultural issues dealing with the governance system of the European Union through multi-national and multi-cultural platform of organized and systematic learning in the field
• An annual program since 2002, with more than 280 A&M students having participated
• Designed for students who have aspirations to go into public service, law or international affairs, and/or who fundamentally wish to be inspired from and informed about global political and governance issues as a means to deepening and expanding their own understanding of the political world and who wish to enrich their skills of critical thinking and analysis
• Among the program benefits are an expanded range of knowledge and familiarity with public affairs and governance outside the United States, inter-cultural communication, and a first-hand appreciation of globalism’s challenges to democracy
• Language: English
• Up-to 8-hours credit (including optional core curriculum humanities requirement; 2 hrs LBAR330 in Spring 2017 (days/times TBA); 6 hrs POLS306; optional 3 hrs LBAR332 to substitute for 3 hrs of POLS306
• Two-week cross-cultural program with faculty and students at the University of Passau, Germany (Bavaria); with shorter visits and lectures/official venues in Warsaw, Brussels, and Paris.
• Safe and professional-standard hotel accommodations (3-4 star hotels) in convenient and centrally situated locations
• Each venue offers students extensive contact with European experts on and policy makers (approximately 35 – 40 such experts/policy makers throughout the program) within the different national governments of the countries visited and the European Union
• Automatic scholarships ($1000) through Political Science for approximately first 10 students to enroll (other competitive scholarships available through Study Abroad)
• Fulfills major requirement for the Certificate in EU Politics awarded by Political Science at TAMU
• Open to any major
• Enrollment to open beginning approximately mid-September 2017
• 2017 estimated gross program price $7850 (excluding airfare, TAMU tuition, and personal expenses. These figures based on a program with minimum of 10 students, with an exchange rate of 1.35 ($:€). Final prices to set by November, 2016.
• Emergency Contact Information
• Hotels 2017